Requirements & Application
The QuTech Scholarship covers full tuition fees for the TU Delft MSc programme and contributes to living expenses for two years. Tuition fees can be found on the website of TU Delft. If you are accepted in the QuTech Scholarship, you complete the MSc programme, and receive a 9 (90%) or higher grade for the MSc thesis project, you will be offered a PhD position at QuTech.
If you want to apply for the QuTech Scholarship, you should meet a few requirements. In addition to the requirements listed below, you should meet the requirements for admission to TU Delft.
- The Scholarships are for excellent, international applicants specifically interested in quantum and admitted to one of the TU Delft’s MSc programmes (Faculty of Applied Sciences or Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science):
- Applied Physics
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) has to be 80 per cent or higher and applicants need to have studied at an internationally renowned university.
- Scholarship students have to enrol in all QuTech courses.
- QuTech will select the candidates giving strong preference for external students.
- At QuTech we value and care for diversity, so we would like to encourage female students and members of other groups that are underrepresented in (quantum) sciences and engineering to apply.
To apply for the QuTech Scholarship, follow the steps of the procedure outlined below and submit the required documents in time. If you have any questions regarding the procedure, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Applicants need to apply for the QuTech Scholarship by writing a motivational letter.
- Besides the letter, a comprehensive CV, two reference letters and the TU Delft Scholarship Application Form are needed when applying for the QuTech Scholarship.
- Send your application to TU Delft, following the 5 steps of the application procedure on this webpage (at the bottom, under “QuTech Scholarship”).
- The deadline for applying for the QuTech Scholarship is 1 December.
- The selected students will be invited for a (Skype) interview.
- Receiving the scholarship is conditional on the student fulfilling all admission criteria.
- In their second year of the MSc Programme, students can choose a Scholarship MSc project at QuTech. When receiving a 9 (90%) or higher grade for their MSc thesis project, they will be offered a PhD position at QuTech.
- Only students who have been granted a scholarship will be informed via email in April.
- If you have any questions about the TU Delft application, depending on the MSc Programme you are applying to, please contact the international office of the Faculty of Applied Sciences OR contact the international office of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
For questions regarding the requirements and procedures of the QuTech Scholarships, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.