QuTech scholarships for international MSc students
QuTech is offering scholarships for excellent, international applicants interested in a Master’s track in quantum. Per year, QuTech offers 6 full scholarships, two for each roadmap: Fault-tolerant Quantum Computing, Quantum Internet and Networked Computing, and Topological Quantum Computing. When a student completes the MSc programme and receives a 9 (90%) or higher for the MSc thesis project, the student will be offered a PhD position in the same roadmap.
About the scholarship
The QuTech scholarships covers full tuition fees for the TU Delft MSc programme and contributes to living expenses for two years.
Tuition fee is € 18.750 per year for non-EU students and € 2.083 per year for EU students.
Requirements & procedure
- The Scholarships are for excellent, international applicants specifically interested in quantum and admitted to one of the TU Delft’s MSc programmes, preferably of the faculties of Applied Sciences or the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) has to be 80 per cent or higher and applicants need to have studied at an internationally renowned university outside the Netherlands.
- Applicants need to apply for the QuTech Scholarship by writing a motivational letter to one of the three Roadmaps: Fault-tolerant Quantum Computing, Quantum Internet and Networked Computing and Topological Quantum Computing. The programme will be at the selected Roadmap.
- Besides the letter, also send a comprehensive CV and two recommendations when applying for the QuTech Scholarship.
- The deadline for applying for a scholarship is 1 December.
- Send your application to TU Delft, following the steps on this webpage.
- The selected students will be invited for a (Skype) interview.
- Each roadmap selects 2 students from the specific applications for that roadmap.
- Only students who have been granted a scholarship will be informed by TU Delft via email.
- Receiving the scholarship is conditional on the student fulfilling all admission criteria.
- Scholarship students have to enrol in all QuTech courses.
- Students can choose a special Scholarship MSc project in the roadmap they choose in their application. When receiving a 9 (90%) or higher for their MSc thesis project, they will be offered a PhD position in the same roadmap.
- There might be situations in which a student wants to switch from one roadmap to another. This is possible, but the PhD position in the new roadmap is not guaranteed.
- Upon arrival in august, QuTech Academy will organise a warm welcome for the students, in which they will get to know the people at QuTech.
If you have any question, please contact the international office.