Annotation Quantum Technology
Master students from selected programmes of the Faculty of Applied Sciences and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science are given the opportunity to acquire the annotation in the field of Quantum Technology (in addition to their diploma) by following the QuTech Academy program. This is a state-of-the-art programme at TU Delft that gives the student all the tools needed to take part in the global quantum technology effort.
The Quantum Technology annotation consists of a set of courses (20 ECTS) offered by QuTech Academy, a graduation project focussed on quantum technology, and additional work approved by the coordinator of the annotation. Upon request of the student, an additional Quantum Technology certificate (the annotation) will be granted along with the diploma, if all requirements of the annotation are fulfilled.
Year 1 – MSC & ANNOTATION COURSE
The QuTech Academy programme at TU Delft consists of four courses starting in September.
Year 2 – MSC THESIS PROJECT
In the second year of your masters, you apply for a MSc project focussed on Quantum Technology, for example with one of QuTech’s research groups to contribute solving some of the most challenging problems in the revolutionary field of quantum computing and quantum communication. All of QuTech’s divisions have efforts in quantum software and theory, experiment and hardware, materials and computer engineering. For MSc thesis projects at QuTech please click here.
- Be a student enrolled in one of the following MSc programmes of the Faculty of Applied Sciences or the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science at TUD.
- Carry out a MSc thesis project (AP3902 Applied Physics, IN5000 Computer Science, ET4300 Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering, IN4600/IN4610 Embedded Systems) focussed on quantum technology (Software & Theory, Hardware & Experiment, Quantum Computer Engineering, Quantum Materials). For MSc thesis projects at QuTech please click here.
- Complete the courses (20 ECTS) offered by QuTech Academy:
- Fundamentals of Quantum Information (AP3421, 4EC);
- Quantum Communication and Cryptography (CS4090, 5EC);
- Quantum Hardware (AP3292, 6EC);
- Electronics for Quantum Computation (EE4575, 5EC);
- Annotation Extras – Complete at least one of the three options:
- Quantum Information Project (AP3421-P, 2EC);
- Focus course: Special Topics in Quantum Technology (AP3662, 3EC);
- Quantum Technology Annotation Assignment (AP3942, 0EC)*.
(*) The Quantum Technology Annotation Assignment consists of participation in company visits with challenging group and personal assignments, and/or additional effort for QuTech Academy. The Assignment must be approved by the coordinator of the annotation, M. Veldhorst. To request an Assignment and discuss about the opportunities, please contact info-QuTechAcademy@tudelft.nl.
- Request the annotation via the diploma application form of your faculty:
- IMPORTANT : For students enrolled in fall 2019, the latest date to receive an annotation certificate will be based on a LOV date (laatste onderwijsverplichting) of 30 September 2022 of the master programme.
This means that the student can start the annotation programme at any time but if she/he finishes the programme with an LOV date after 30 September 2022, she/he will not receive a separate annotation certificate.
- For MSc thesis projects at QuTech please visit: https://qutech.nl/academy/msc-projects/
- For Quantum Technology Annotation Assignment please contact info-QuTechAcademy@tudelft.nl
- To request the Annotation Quantum Technology: if you fulfil all the requirements you can indicate your request when filling in the diploma application form of your faculty:
- For information about your MSc Program and the Annotation Quantum Technology please contact the coordinator of your MSc Program:
- AS/TNW – Arno Haket: A.J.W.Haket@TUDelft.NL